421 Shore Drive
Branford, CT 06405
Contact via Email
- Nursing Services
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Physical Therapy
- Social Services
- Dietary Services
- Transportation Provided
- Elder Care
- Adult Day Care
- Elder Day Care
Hours of Operation8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Orchard House is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to keeping Shoreline area seniors living in the community as independently as possible for as long as possible. Orchard House offers adult day health care including programs of health monitoring and structured activities designed to meet the individual needs of clients and their families.
A staff of trained health care and social service professionals and volunteers work together to develop individualized programs best suited to meet the emotional, social, or physical needs of the patients and clients.
- To restore and/or maintain a client's ability to function as a useful member of the community
- To improve the client's quality of life by promoting independence
- To foster companionship and friendship
Our Clients include:
- the Elderly
- those with heart problems
- those with diabetes
- those with cerebral palsy
- those with Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and other dementias, and neurological disorders
- those with certain types of mental and physical challenges
- Access and monitor health needs
- Medical treatment as ordered by the patient/client physician.
- Arts and crafts
- Educational and cultural programs
- music therapy, entertainment
- Diet planning and counseling
- Light breakfast and full course lunch served
Our Staff includes:
- registered nurses
- licensed practical nurses
- certified recreation therapist
- certified nurse's aid
- licensed van drivers
Are based upon the person's ability to pay. A non-profit organization, Orchard House relies on public and private donations to maintain its services. It is partially funded by Title III tthrough the South Central Connecticut Area Agency on Aging.
Transportation in available as needed. Vans are handicapped accessible.
Clients must be 18 years or older