W. S. Clancy Memorial Funeral Home
244 North Main St.
Branford, CT 06405
Fax: 203- 483-9153
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Funeral Service
- Graveside Service
- Complete Cremation Service
- Immediate Cremation Service
- Personalized Services
Hours of Operation
W.S. Clancy was established in 1900 by William S. Clancy, great-grandfather to Jeffrey S. and John P. Klarman, who now operate the firm. It has been operated by members of the Clancy family since its inception. W.S. Clancy, or "Will" as he was known, was joined in the family business by two of his sons- Frank and Stuart Clancy- and one of his daughters- Rosalind "Posey" Klarman. After Will's death in 1945, Frank, Stu and Posey continued the operation of the family business. Frank's son William H. "Bill" Clancy joined the firm after serving in the U.S. Marine Corps during World War II.
In addition to operating the funeral home, Frank was a two-time mayor of the neighboring town of East Haven, and Stu, who had played professional football for the New York Giants, was on the coaching staff at Yale University. After Stu's death in 1965 and Frank's retirement, Bill and Posey operated the business. Bill left in 1977 and Posey continued the firm. She was joined by her grandson Jeffrey S. Klarman, who joined the firm in 1981. Posey retired in 1984, and Jeff was joined by his brother John who joined the firm in 1988.
Together today, Jeff and John continue to operate the family business. W.S. Clancy Memorial Funeral Home is one of the oldest family run businesses in Branford.
Our facility is located at 244 North Main Street in Branford. For 110 years we were at 504 Main Street until moving to our new location in January of 2011.
The new facility is all at ground level, there are no steps to navigate. It has two big viewing rooms, which can be opened into one very big room for exceptionally large services. Each room is equipped with a 46” flat screen, wall mounted, TV with DVD and USB port capabilities, for showing video tributes. There is internet radio wired into the building, so favorite music can be played during services. We have a large parking lot, with room for over 70 cars, more than doubling the parking of our former location.
We are located on Route 1 in Branford, less than ½ miles from the center of town and easily accessible from Interstate 95.